Monday, May 25, 2009

Dear Select Friend,

I've been wanting to write this since Saturday night after I left you down at the bar. I really didn't want to leave when I did but I was on the verge of crying and The Boy was waiting for me in the parking lot and The Jeans was waiting for me to call him back. I wanted to stay and talk to you more. We had just started a good conversation and I wanted to continue it. Although I think all of our conversations are good but this one I could tell would have been even better than normal.

I also didn't want to leave because I wanted to tell you just how much you mean to me. I couldn't find the right words and I am not sure I will be able to now. You came into my life when I was newly single and pretty wild. You have watched me go through a divorce, lose my dad, changing jobs several times, issues with several boys and The Jeans that I can't shut up about and many other things. I really honestly can not tell you how much your friendship has meant to me over the last few years. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and I believe that we were meant to be friends (that sounds so corny)

Thank you for the shoulder to cry on, the ear to vent into, the many glasses of beer you have bought me, for teaching me how to play pool, advice on pretty much everything, comments on how great my ass is ;-) or just how pretty I am (I need those reminders), for fixing my computer(s) countless times, and for letting me just be me. I don't think I have ever really thanked you for any of these things. I wish I could do more than just write this silly letter on my blog for you.

I could probably write so much more here but I think I will stop and just tell you that I love you to pieces and I am so very glad that you are my friend.

MUAH!!

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. ~Author Unknown

3 comments:

MindyMom said...

Do we all have a friend like this? If not, every single mom needs one. Thanks to my "select friend" too; I couldn't have said it better. As always; love the quote.

Kori said...

I love that, too. And am glad you have that select friend.

Anonymous said...

I don't think about what I do, I just do and ask for nothing in return but your smiles and friendship. You're a good person and a good mom who has had some very unfortunate times. Everyone needs a little help now and then I'm happy to be able to have a shoulder there for you I'm sure my time will come but until then Muaah, you rock lady.
ps You are pretty and you really do have a fine ass!

SF