Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A whole new world ...

I feel as though I have stepped into a whole new world. Over the weekend while searching for I can't remember what on Google I came across a blog for a single mom. Not just any blog for a single mom but one that I thought was funny, refreshing and something I could relate to. I was went through the links on her blog and it led to many others that I just had to read.
I found myself realizing that I was not alone in this crazy single mom life. I also came to the shocking conclusion that there are single dads out there that rock also. :)

I have a few friends here that are single moms but I have always felt different from them. Not sure really how to describe it but I guess I never really felt like they understood everything I go through. Weird because really we all share the same thing of raising kids alone.

I am not new to the blogging world. I've used blogger in the past ... Weird that after 5 years I can not remember my user name and password to log in lol. It was a private blog and really never got past 3 posts. The first post pretty much explains how and why I am a single mom.
I also blog on Myspace but always feel as though I need to censor myself in some way. I wonder what my kids, family and certain friends would think if I wrote how I really felt about everything.

I will not be inviting my kids, family or friends to read this blog. This is for me and whoever stumbles across it to read. I will be eventually re-post my Original blog and I will pull posts from Myspace to explain more about myself.

I have been feeling a bit down lately and I am thinking this is just what I needed. It feels so good to know that I am not alone in my Adventures of Single Mommyness :)

2 comments:

said...

Oh NO! You are certainly NOT alone in your single mommyness! Welcome to the family!! :)

What a great photo of you and your children! You guys are gorgeous!

I'm gonna follow you too! Thanks for reading!

Kristine said...

There's a whole bunch of us :)