Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Oh So Silent

No music. No movie playing in another room. No kids talking, laughing screaming, fighting. No humming noise from the dishwasher, washing machine or dryer. There is only a cat purring next to me. It is so very silent around here.

The Turtle, Little Man and Little Bird are gone for the week to "Cousin Camp". My Exs Grandmother hosts "Cousin Camp" every Spring Break. Mini-me has taken my car and gone to work. I am never really sure what to do when I am this alone. Over Christmas break I fell into a major funk. The kind where you get out of bed to shower and then put jammies on and get back into bed. Don't answer the phone or talk to anyone. Your thoughts pulling you in deeper to the funk that has grabbed a hold of you. Mini-me took care of me and told me to get up. I ended up texting The Jeans and that was the first time I had seen him and months.

I have one full week without work and 3 kids. I would love a road trip to go see The Jeans but he is working overtime so that isn't going to happen. I refuse to get into a funk. No way can I go there and waste a week of my life.

Yesterday I spent 9 hours cleaning. Really it was a purging of more junk and rearranging of furniture/sewing stuff. My house looks 100% worse than it did when I started yesterday. I've spent a few hours today working on the floors.

I think I forgot to mention that I am insane. Last year (as in last March) I had the great idea of purchasing and installing wood floors in my house. I am doing it by myself. No contractors or friends helping me. Well I have put Mini-me to work a few times. The living room was finally finished this past December. It had to be finished for Christmas. The poor hallway has been naked for a year now. Just subflooring.

Today I have moved the bookshelf (so now there are books in several boxes in my room and a bookshelf in the boys room) and layed out the lining and have started putting in the flooring.
I am taking a break because the compressor and I were not getting along.

My mission is to finish the hallway sometime tomorrow early morning. It would be cool to get it done today ... which really is possible if I got off the internet. I am thinking big this week. I am tackling my room also. I doubt I will get to the flooring in here but I hope to get the walls painted. Next month will be my 10 yr anniversary living in here in this house. My room is the only one that has never been painted. It is ready for some lovin ;). I am ready for it to be my little place to get away.

Off to send an email, put on some music and lay down some kick ass wood flooring. Expect pictures later.



Motivation is when your dreams put on work clothes. ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

said...

Wow, I can't even imagine having that much time to myself...

Look at you with your bad self?!? Wood flooring?!

Can't wait to see photos.

Enjoy the silence.

Anonymous said...

You must be a brave women. Doing all the things by yourself. By the way you have a beautiful family.